Monday, June 4, 2012

What To Do?

On Saturday I faced a little bit of a dilemma. I had no idea what to do or better yet which would be the better decision.

Car or Liquor Store.

Confused... Let me explain.

Steve was at work and then went directly to school after work.  This left Rylee and I to get ready for the Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party by ourselves.  Getting ready used to take me 45 minutes tops.  Now.... I plan for the entire morning.

I mean you have to get a feed, pump, shower, blow dry, straighten, make up, two people dressed, a diaper change, sometimes 2-3 changes, sometimes even a major clean up on isle 3 after a blow out, I need a feed and coffee in there, some play time, cuddle time, and then a last minute feeding and one last pump all while packing up to make it to your destination on time.

Whoa... good thing I like to strategically plan.

If Steve were to do this we'd be an hour late at least every time.  Maybe 2 or never arrive.

I, however, arrived 10 minutes early.

But here is the dilemma.  I needed just enough time to stop by Starbucks for a coffee to enjoy and wake me up for the festivities and a stop at our local liquor store, which ps is huge!  We must have drinking problems in our area.

See I was going with this wine theme.  Wine glasses, Wine stopper, and then obviously needed some actual Wine bottles. I even wanted to be creative and get a couple of wines that have that love theme.  I'd have to do some searching.

But here is where the dilemma starts.  I have a baby.  A cute baby.  I'd like to keep my baby.  What would people think if I brought my baby into a liquor store?  I mean just last weekend Rylee was in a bar!  Yes I had a baby... in a bar.  Granted.  I was at Champs and in between a Wedding Ceremony and the Reception.  It's standard protocol or make a pit stop and enjoy your time with friends.  None the less.  She was at a bar.  And now potentially she'd be roamin' around the liquor store?  Nice Mom right?

So I pose this question to you.

Which is better? 

Bring your baby into the liquor store... is that even legal?    Or park in a hidden corner of the lot, leave the baby in the car, and run in as fast as you can and pray that no one turns you into Child Protective Services?

 --

And no I won't tell you what I did.  I like to stay clear from being judged :) Oddly enough... our sermon yesterday was on how to avoid judging others.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...OK I JUST READ THIS AT WORK AND SERIOUSLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD..HA TOO FUNNY

    ReplyDelete