Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hudson and Rylee

Rylee left us today for Grandma and Papa's house.  I thought I needed a break...turns out, I didn't.  I miss that little girl beyond tons.  I'm totally going to blame my tears on the hormones.  Those hormones are nasty things.  So nasty I made Steve come home from the library just so it wasn't so quiet.

But I know this time is well needed for some serious rest and bonding time for Hudson and I... and Steve of course.  I love this little boy beyond words and he deserves the same one-on-one time that Rylee had after she was born.  And I'm not going to lie, the sweet dreamy smiles and cuddles I've gotten so far after just a couple hours has made her visit to Grandma and Papa's worth it.

But feeling the wave of hormones over take me made me I looked back at the short week we've had.  And I loved seeing how Rylee and Hudson have interacted together.  Rylee is learning to be gentle.  She got mad at first because Hudson wasn't good at giving high-fives. It took a little bit to get through to her that we needed to be gentle.  Gentle doesn't come easy to Rylee, but she is learning and is very sweet to him and Hudson is very tolerable of her :)  In fact, I think he secretly enjoys her screaming "Hudson!" right in his face.  It calmed him down during a diaper change, that or, startled the crying right out of him.

So here is a look back at how the two have met and become best friends - I've already told them they need to be best friends forever.  They agreed.

Hospital visit.





Then Laura came to take photos of Hudson and a few with Rylee. She had a very short attention span for this but Laura was able to capture some precious moments.





 Rylee has also become my little helper.

She helps give him a bath


She give him his paci.


Helps change his diaper.



Give him his blankie


Feeds him his bottle...well he's not on a bottle but the thought was there.  and yes she wanted to wear my vest and she wouldn't let me take it off.


She loves to give hugs.


Give kisses.


And points out his nose and eyes.  We are working also on not poking out his eyes.


What sweethearts they are.  This week may have had it's "adjusting" struggles but we managed and made some amazing memories.  God is molding our family just perfectly.  Not my time not fly by so these moments can last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment