Friday, October 28, 2011

Alumni Weekend!

This Saturday is Eau Claire Volleyball's alumni weekend!

I love this weekend. I get to go back and see old teammates and friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Some yes I see on a more regular basis.... others this is the only time I'll see them all year.

Steve will not be coming with me this weekend because he has a fun filled, adventurous weekend working and doing homework. Such a lucky man. I on the other hand will be enjoying every minute catching up with a special group of girls.

I always consider my friendships with my volleyball teammates to be a little different than with my college friends. I have no idea why but there is a whole different level of bond. I love both sets of friends equally but in a different way. Maybe its because we go through workouts, runs, practices, bus talks, really fun back of the bus talks, bus talks that should not be repeated, game preparation, competition, winning, losing, frustration, celebrations, parties, trips,... etc. But whatever it is I love them to death and I'm sure we'll pick up right where we left off in our last conversation.

Here are some favorite memories and moments

1. For preseason we always Toilet Papered Coach's house. And we were really good at it too. Great team bonding moments.

2. The adrenaline rush of playing in big matches. No idea if this was a big match or not but the only action shot picture I had. 3. The celebrations. I can never make this clench all your muscles and yell pose ever again. It would just look odd. That makes me really sad. Then again, I don't have the muscles I had back then so maybe I don't want to.4. Game preparation. We'd usually get to the gym so early that we'd just hang out and do nothing. Well probably not nothing, we usually just turned goofy and weird. Sometimes sleep or eat. This is one of the rare moments of normalness. 5. Trips. Every other year the volleyball team takes a trip. I was fortunate enough to go to New York and Italy. This is in front of the Fountain of Trevi in Rome.6. Nights on the town with these crazy people. Plus, I loved being by them in public. I could wear heals and not be abnormally tall. :)

7. Going to the Nucleus for breakfast before homes games. Best coffee and bagel sandwhich you'll have anywhere. I'm determined to make it there this weekend. I'm hoping Heaven has a Nucleus.8. Greatest Memory? Making life long friends. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment