Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby Bedding... oh the stress.

We've had our crib for a couple of weeks now just sitting in our office going to be nursery room. It's driving me absolutely crazy that we haven't found time to put it up yet. It drives me even more crazy that I haven't had time to clean out our mess of an office and organize something down in our basement so we can set up the nursery. And it drives me the most insane that I can't find crib bedding that I love!

Well I found bedding sets that I love but my pocket book doesn't love it so much. Plus we are looking for something neutral. We plan on having 5 kids Steve says so we can make a hockey line. I say why not add in a 6th for a goalie.

I was starting to get angry with the fact that I couldn't find any bedding. Then I realized I have the most wonderful and amazingly talented Grandmas! So I sucked up one phone call, buttered her up real good and then dropped my request on her. And she graciously accepted to do the bumper.

So now I have to find fabric.

I know nothing about fabric.

There are different types of fabric?

So Miss Joann is going to help me out. I'm going to pay her a visit later. But Mr. Google helped me find a pattern and Grandma said that would work.

Now to find out what I want for a look. I knew what I didn't want but had no idea what I wanted. So I went shopping online for fabrics that I liked to get an idea. It quickly became apparent to me that I did in fact have a particular style in mind.

Funny how you don't think you know but you really know. See below. This was my random search.



Obviously there is a pattern here. I like blue and some greens and I'm thinking this simple design, abstract or whatever you'd call it would be it.

Now to just get the crib together, figure out how to take measurements, and run to Joann for some help.

Anyone want to put the crib together for us?

1 comment: