Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ultimate Tube Rides

Yesterday I was uploading long overdue photos of the summer onto Shutterfly where my family and I share an account. Just an easy way so we only have to have one camera out not 4.

I became very jealous of us fast in these photos. All tan, soaking up the sun's rays, sitting in the water, playing yard games, stuffing our faces with Mom's delicious Special K Bars. (Martha Steward can't compete with Mom on those.)

And tubing.

I used to tube. But then I became weak and frail and no longer enjoy the feeling of getting worked so hard in the water that you can't wake up the next morning and literally have to roll out of bed.

So I promoted myself to photographer.

You might say... tubing? How boring is that or I love tubing it's so easy, how do you get soar?

You have never had Randy Freiborg as your tube driver.

You have no idea how it feels to hang on for dear life, arms stretched as far as can be almost pulling out of their sockets, legs dangling in the water going 30 miles an hour about to hit a monstrous wall of a wave feeling your eyes about bug out of your head. You can't even get a scream out b/c that would be way too much energy lost.

Don't believe me... ask these witnesses.

See that girl in the far right corner?Ohhh.....The O'Brien tube literally jumped over green tube. Look at his foot! Just grazed the head.I don't even think I captured him at his peak!I thought this was cute... synchronized tubers.How do they even have enough energy to push eachother off?!And if they don't hang on for dear life?....They get really mad and usually made fun of.Flip!Those little O'Brien hands and feet landed this one!I just thought this was pretty.
There is a time when I will get on the tube. We take all of our tubes out and go tubing. There are so many tubes that really it could be quite boring. But we spice it up.We jump on eachothers tubes. Some ride backwards to act manly.We get squashed together.And ride three at a time. I think we even attempted 4! Most of the time we live and no one gets hurt besides a few whip lashes, rope and tube burns, and soar muscles. But it all seems worth it in the end.

PS... if you tube like this. You are a champ in my book. And should probably join us next summer. I think we'll even get Baby D out there.

Please don't call child protective services.

.

1 comment: