Thursday, November 10, 2011

An Interesting Night

Steve and I have a pretty good routine down. We eat supper when he gets home around 8:30pm, I know super late right, we all clean up, I get ready for bed and Steve goes right to doing his school work usually until 11-Midnight.

Last night was interesting though.

We got home a little later than expected. We have our church small group every Wednesday night. I don't think we got home until after 9:30. So I immediately started getting ready for bed otherwise I knew I'd start to get sick. If I get over tired, I get a little nauseous.

The night before I experienced the pleasant bleeding of gums. I guess that happens during pregnancy. But I expected it to be like you got a little too aggressive with the floss... not so much. It was like I got punched in the face! I freaked out for the first 2 seconds when I looked into the mirror but then calmed my hormonal brain down and realized this is a common side effect. So this time I was going to be much more careful. I guarantee Baby D will be causing me cavities.

At this time Steve was also telling me about the Joe Paterno scandal going on. Very sad event. So I knew I had to do some light reading and get my mind off of that so I read in my "What to Expect When Your Expecting Book" that my wonderful mother-in-law bought long before she even knew I was pregnant. I find that rather funny.

Anyways, I turn off the lights after about 10 minutes and immediately fall asleep. I was exhausted.

Now the rest of this Steve told me this morning. I had no clue what was going on.

---
He comes into the room around 11pm like usual, crawls into bed, and tries to snuggle up close. He lightly puts his hand on my leg and says I love you.

I slap it away with force and startle him.

He said he looked at me, asked if I was awake, but nothing. Then he put his hand even lighter on my leg and says I love you Baby D.

Slap - even harder!

Then I grabbed the blankets, turned my back and rolled over on my side.

No idea this happened. Maybe I was subconsciouslywas really mad because he caused me to be nauseous if I get to bed too late or made my gums bleed by getting me pregnant. Or maybe I even read something last night in the book on what's suppose to happen to me and that just set my hormonal self right over the edge.

Who knows... I think it's hilarious.

---
Then he tells me about his dreams. One sweet, the other quite funny.

1. He was playing Twister with Baby D and I. He doesn't remember what Baby D looked like... but it was a boy!

2. He had a dream about hanging out with Justin Bieber at the Rochester Hockey rink. I thought I'd add that it was at a hockey rink to manly up his dream a little bit.

Earlier that night Steve was calling me his Shawty after we listened to a song. I'm thinking that is what triggered the Biebs dream. At least I'm going to hope for that.

I also like to put up at least one picture. Pictures are fun. I couldn't find any with the game Twister or us with the Biebs. I really didn't want to put up a picture of me being nauseous or with my gums bleeding. So I found this hockey picture. You can pretend the guy on the far right is the Biebs when he turns 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment