Monday, December 5, 2011

Beetle + Raisins = $50!

Steve encountered an interesting experience.

I hope I get this all right when I tell this. But basically it's hard not to get right.

One of Steve's co-workers was leaving for another job so he took him out to eat to what we'll call Nummy Place. (Nummy Place is obviously made up but I think that would be a great name for the next best Fast Food Restaurant.)

As they ordered their sandwiches they decided to get all cute and share a package of oatmeal raisin cookies, which are to die for!

Yummy.


As Steve was about to take is 2nd or 3rd bite he noticed a nice little surprise in his cookie...

Yucky!!

Super Yucky! Surprisingly Steve didn't freak out... I probably would have, and just calmly went up to the front area and showed them the Delicious Beetle cookie. Nummy Place was super professional, gave him the store manager, and they refunded his meal and said someone from corporate will be following up with him.

That afternoon already, Nummy Place Corporate called Steve. You could tell this was not their first rodeo b/c as Steve said hello the lady on the phone started right into her speech and didn't let Steve talk for nearly 5 minutes. She apologized several times, stated their quality control policies among countless other items. Steve finally interrupted and said it's okay. This isn't a life or death situation... I lived. I ate tons of bugs as a kid.

She was speechless!

I think she was ready to defend or expect some type of argument or lashing out. Not knowing what to say next, she stammered a couple of times, and said uh... oh... well I'm going to send you something anyways and hope to keep you as a future customer.

Now Steve likes free stuff, so he thought well I better at least display some type of disgust so he told her that would be nice b/c it wasn't very fun finding that in his food. And they simply hung up after a few others words like nothing happened.

Then 2 days later we get a letter in the mail and a $50 gift card to Nummy Place!!!

So glad Steve almost ate a beatle.

I think he is too. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment