Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bed Hogger

Steve and I are tall people. I used to use the word big and we are but sometimes that word gets a negative connotation so I'm referring to us as tall now. Anyways, as the pregnancy has progressed our sleeping room has minimized. A long, super comfy body pillow has now made it into the center of our bed. It acts as a barrier even. We call it the Great Wall of Baby D. We actually only called it that once.

I've started using the pillow only about 2 weeks ago. My limbs kept going numb and I heard you are suppose to use a pillow between your legs anyways for your hips. So I started that early so I'd get used to it before the real time of no sleep, uncomfortableness, big belly in my way happens. I love it. The problem is so does Steve.

In fact, I usually have a great night sleep until about 4am. That seems to be the time when my bladder decides it's about to burst. So I get up, zombie my way to the bathroom, making sure to put my hands out to not run into doors or walls. I've done that twice now. And then always returning to Steve boguarding my pillow and leaving me inches... maybe slivers of space left.

That butthead does it almost every time. I try to pull it away but you try prying a pillow out from underneath a 6'2" 210lb guy. Not so easy especially in a zombie like state. So I decide to grab the extra pillow that I keep next to the bed and lay on the other side trying not to fall off. Needless to say usually those last 3 hours of sleep aren't that great.

But sleep has been lacking anyways this last week or so with all the excitement in our lives. The excitement of the Ultra sound, the news of our baby girl, trying to figure out names, what is the nursery going to look like, what are our Christmas plans, what snacks/treats am I going to make, when am I going to find time to wrap all those presents... basically anything and everything to do with Christmas or Baby D has totally consumed our minds.

This weekend we head down to Steve's parents. I love it down there especially at Christmas time. We usually find time to go skating, see the rotary lights, have amazing food because his Mom spends days preparing food for us all, and just hang out. I think the girls are going to even kick the guys out and attempt to make a gingerbread house. Never made one... pretty excited.

I was also going to try these but I ran out of time. Maybe now I will for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment