Wednesday, December 7, 2011

He Stool My Drill!

Steve had to work and go to class last Saturday, so I made it my goal to clean out the office to get ready to set up Baby D's crib for his/her new room.

Man was that a lot of work! I was winded from hauling all our office stuff / crap down our stairs to be put in our little closet which I had to run to Menards to get shelves for.

Sidenote: John Menards made me (and others) pancakes every volleyball season and they were amazing! Best yet. So light and fluffy. I played with his daughter. Very nice family.

Anyways, after I ran to Menards to pick up the shelves, I had plans to put them up. So I grab a pencil, stud finder, screws, brackets and shelves I bought, level, tape measure and the one item Steve forgot to take out of his vehicle. Probably the most important item... you know... the item that actually screws in the screws! That butthead took the drill with him! I had the bits but nooooo drill.

Yeah that's going to get me far.

Not my favorite person at this time.

But luckily I found this tiny little drill that's used for electrical work. Unluckily this drill needs to be charged up between every screw you put in. Sometimes mid screw. At one point I had the drill in the charger while drilling in the screw... I looked cool. That didn't last long either.

So my quick 1 hour job took all afternoon. Some screws I didn't even get in all the way... sucked up too much juice.

But Steve finally came home, swooped in after some death stares from a woman who just stood there with pierced lips, hands on her lips, and finished up the job.

I don't even feel bad that his 6'2" frame had to fit in tiny close quarters to put the finishing touches on it. Don't feel bad at all.


But the result turned out well. Our whole office, minus the big furniture fit into this tiny little closet.



Then we finished up the night listening to Christmas music and putting our wonderful crib together for Baby D. It didn't even take us too long. Is an hour and a half a long time? We didn't think so. Probably is though.


Can't wait to decorate and paint the room now!

No comments:

Post a Comment