Friday, December 30, 2011

Operation Baby Room

Today I'm posting a little later than normal. For starters I can barely breathe and my head feels like it's a balloon ready to pop. The super bummer part is you can't even take anything for it. I cheated though... don't' worry I checked with a nurse, and took some NyQuil last night. I figured after 3 nights of barely sleeping, I better take at least something. So I did. And it was not quite glorious by any means but better.

So today I forced myself to sleep in. First time sleeping in was a chore. Then got up and decided to get some fresh air. So I went to Steve's work with some potbelly's to contaminate it. I guess lots of people are sick there as well. So I went to Ikea to spread the wealth of germs... tons of kids were there so they beat me to it. But I did buy a rug for Baby D's room. Not my favorite but still super cute and only $20! I guess better than spending $500 on the Home Depot one I loved. Then I picked up the paint, grabbed a coffee, and now I'm home.

I'm really hoping this weekend we can at least get all the painting done because I have this problem. Once a project is on my mind... it doesn't go away until it's finished. I literally can't think of anything else besides will this color look good, is it too dark, do I really want to paint the trim, what accessories will go well with the room, is it too early to buy that really cute pillow that will go perfectly with the bedroom, I really like that clock idea... anyways you get it. It drives me nuts and I know it drives Steve bonkers so I keep my ideas to myself usually unless they are really good.

So here's what Operation Baby Room entails:
  • Color Scheme: Gray, Yellow, and White
  • Gray walls
  • White Trim (I hate painting trim) In fact we are also replacing the rest of the trim in the house that is painted to new trim that is a nice wood stained trim.
  • Dark Espresso wood
  • Yellow curtains
  • Gray with white rug
  • And then two projects
Project one:
We'd put family photos instead of artwork but I'm having trouble finding this. The frames would be easy to find it's the free floating clock (whatever you call it)
Anyone know where to find one? I'd love you forever if you'd share with me.
Project two:
Obviously not Harper but our girl name. Which I'm sorry but we are keeping a secret. But we don't have one picked out yet.
There will be more added but that's all I have in mind for right now. Well I have more in mind but that's all up in the air.

Oh and thanks pinterst for the ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same issue for projects. I've been thinking about reorganizing the house for weeks and looking forward to this weekend for the last 2 months, since its the first time we'll have time. As for the clock - $25. Bed Bath & Beyond. Be sure to use a 20% off coupon. Never pay full price there. ~ Trina

    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=126076

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!! Thanks Trina. I didn't even think to check there. Good luck on your projects.

    ReplyDelete