Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Operation Baby Room: Update

Operation Baby Room is well under way now. My 4 day weekend and Steve's 3 day was spent mainly painting.

I think I have Carpal Tunnel now. And my heels hurt.

But we are very happy with the outcome. The gray walls were simple. The white trim... pain in my rear! 3 coats. And we are still working on the closet door. Never again will I paint trim.

As you can see from the pictures we added some accessories in. Of course I pulled a Carly and got all excited when I saw the yellow curtains a few weeks back in Target, but I forgot to read the fine print. I got one 84" long curtain and one 63" long. Looks like I'll be returning. Hopefully it's still on sale.

Steve and I did take some down time over the weekend. We ordered Dominoes and rented "Friends with Benefits" Friday night. Pretty good movie. Saturday we had a wonderful New Years Party at a friend's house and I even stayed up past Midnight! Sunday, Steve and I went shopping after church and bought this really cute night light. Oh and the frame was a Christmas gift from my lovely parents. And then that night we went out to a movie, We Bought A Zoo. Highly recommend. Even shed a good tear. And of course got the never ending popcorn and pop. Although still finding popcorn in my teeth. Then Monday we ended our great vacation with a coffee break with two really great friends. Well Steve did homework while I chatted it up with a nummy Pumpkin Pie Latte from Dunn Brothers. Never had??? You should!!

All in all it was a successful, enjoyable, very productive weekend. But I feel like a need another vacation! :)


Oh and I still have paint in my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment