Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bachelorette Invite

I had a lot of fun trying to come up with something clever for a bachelorette party invite. The design is something simple and nothing to brag about. But I wanted to keep it simple so it wouldn't take away from the saying or poem.

So it's Abby's bachelorette party right? I have a day event planned that only a few guests knew about; however, I'm sure more have figured it out from this invite. So I wanted to do something fun that would explain and help them prepare but not give it away.

Enter poem.
Here is what it says.

For Abby, we greet you
to invite you to stay
but a secret we’ll keep
to start out our day.

Please bring the right clothes
that fit nice and tight
no shorts are allowed
bring heels for some height.

then onto Heather's home
to enjoy us a meal
bring a story of Abby
an embarrassing one to reveal.

And please bring a gift
she can wear for that night
a night she will no longer
be wearing something white.

Then onto the real fun
dressed to impress
one last hurrah
before she puts on that dress.

I'm not quite the poet and I know it :) But I tried and it was fun. Now onto planning for the food. Not my strength, but we'll figure it out.

oh and PS... the Bachelor last night, DRAMA!!! That show just frustrates me but it has sucked me in.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't figure it out and it's driving me NUTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete