Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cake, White Chocolate and Popcorn

My new favorite food at the moment is popcorn. I go in spurts with this lovely delicious snack. For a couple weeks I'll finish a bag every other night... then I'll give it up and not eat it for months. No idea why I do this. But right now, I devour it.

I'm a binge popcornist.

So when I saw this recipe I thought it would be perfect! I haven't tried it yet but really... cake, white chocolate and popcorn, it's gotta be good. Probably even heaven.

Here's the recipe.
1-½ cup Melted Almond Bark Or White Chocolate
¼ cups Vegetable Shortening
1-½ cup White Or Yellow Cake Mix
6 cups Popcorn (popped)
¼ cups Sprinkles

And the directions.


  • Melt the almond bark/chocolate in the microwave. I put it in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each 30 seconds until it is fully melted.

  • Add the vegetable shortening to the almond bark/chocolate and stir until it is melted. I usually don’t have to put it back in the microwave to completely melt it but you can if you have to.

  • Then add the cake mix to the almond bark/chocolate.

  • Pour the coating onto the popcorn and coat evenly. I use 2 spoons and toss it almost like a salad.

  • Pour the popcorn out onto cookie sheets to cool/harden. Sprinkle immediately with your choice of sprinkles.

  • Wait until fully hardened (if you can) and enjoy!
Do you think this is fat free? I'm going to pretend it is.

Thanks Tasty Kitchen Blog.
http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2012/03/birthday-cake-batter-popcorn/

No comments:

Post a Comment