Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter!

The last couple days have not been the most fun. At first I thought the ever desirable nasty morning sickness came back and plagued my life but then Steve got sick too so we figured we both came down with a little bit of the flu bug. I've never been so happy to have a little flu bug. I was just super thankful to not have morning sickness!

That was not a fun period in my life.

But we are almost all better and ready to enjoy this Easter weekend. This weekend is the weekend that Steve surprised me with a Bed and Breakfast down in Lansboro, MN. So we head there tomorrow. Which means lots to get done today.

Well I use that as an excuse to make sure we are getting some long overdue items done. Steve has a check-list. He loves when I do that (major sarcasm!) Too bad mister, I'm a checklist basically any type of list kind of person.

But we do have our Good Friday service tonight at church. I haven't been to the service at Five Oaks which is the church we've been going to for the last 3 years b/c we are usually back at my parents or Steve's place celebrating Easter. I'm quite excited though b/c I hear it's a great service.

Good Friday is one of those services that just helps you focus and get in the Easter mood. It's such a sombering and exciting time for Christians. Sombering b/c of the gruesome death of our Savior but so exciting b/c of the salvation that it has brought us.

One thing I like to do which I don't know why is to watch The Passion of the Christ. This movie I find to really hit home in my heart and make me realize the suffering Christ went through for us. Every time I watch this my heart aches and I realize what sacrifice is all about. It challenges me to sacrifice for others and for my faith. If you haven't seen it... I highly recommend it. But make sure you at least have a few boxes of kleenexes right next to you with a blanket or pillow that you can cover your eyes with.So as my heart is heavy during this Good Friday it also sings because of the gift we've been given. Which brought up a great question in Steve. Why do they call this "Good Friday?" Doesn't seem so great, right? It's so sad. Then we heard on the radio that it's called Good Friday b/c of what the death stands for. Good Friday is the day that brought salvation.

So have a great Good Friday and a blessed Easter. May God rise up many blessings this Easter year for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment