Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mr. Bunny

There was some pretty big excitement that occurred at the Dus household over the weekend.  Well besides Father's Day events.  

Late Saturday after the fire once we've all crawled into bed, Steve's brother tip-toes upstairs... knocks on our door, peeks his head in, so kindly says,  "Dude.... you have a baby rabbit!"

Umm... excuse me.

Yeah... so turns out we had a baby rabbit stuck in our egress window.  I was too exhausted and ignored him but Steve popped right out of bed to go on this voyage with his brother just like they were kids to go seek out the baby rabbit.

PS... Did you know baby rabbits are called kits.  I thought bunny was the term.  Turns out that is just a slang word for rabbit.

Lesson done.

On  with the story.

So the next morning stirred my curiousity so I went to go check it out with Morgan and Trenton.

She was so cute and tiny you could barely see her. 

 She blended right in with the leaves.  

We felt so sorry for the little guy... we decided to rescue it.  I told Steve he just just hop (no pun intended) down there and grab the little one but he thought I was crazy.  So I said I'd do it, but he kaboshed that idea pretty fast.  So we tried the shovel instead.  Turns out bunnies can jump, so that didn't work.

So Steve moved to the next item up for bid in the garage to help us.  

A lovely planter.  Sorry people... we aren't exactly equipped to go rabbit hunting.



Success!

Poor Mr. Bunny was so scared.  

Look how tiny!

And not so bright.  He almost hopped right into another egress window on his escape route!

No comments:

Post a Comment