Tuesday, August 14, 2012

80th Birthday Bash

My Grandma turned 80 this year and we just celebrated it last Sunday and wouldn't you know the one day we need nice weather the rains comes.  But we are a family of farmers so everyone was still praising God.  It did leave for an interesting photo shoot.  

Since not all of the family gets together too often we took a large family photo and 45 people cramped into a living room, getting all arranged all nice and to smile pretty was quite interesting. Plus it was nap time for the the great grandkids.  I think I left the photo session with some major armpit sweat and some lovely swass.  And I even had a prime spot right over the air vent. 

But it was an amazing day with her and so fun to see everyone again.  It made me realize I should have five kids like Grandma.  Maybe more!  Steve said he wants five kids anyways to make a hockey line.  Maybe I should ask for 6 so we can create a volleyball team too.  But I'm thinking Rylee is just enough right now.  Ask me next week how I feel.

Anyways, as a gift to Grandma the grandkids piled a whole bunch of photos from the time we were babes up until now and created a Shutterfly photobook. It was so much fun to look back.  The puffy bangs, huge glasses that covered the faces, big bows, doilies around the neck, glitter painted sweatshirts, missing teeth, stone washed jeans, basically anything 80s.  It rocked.

And it may have even rocked Grandma's world.  She loved it.  Who wouldn't? Take a look at these pictures!
 


 Please note how the photographer made my Dad stand.  Quite manly if you ask me.

 yes we put on many plays for the Moms and Dads! We'd also play school, doctor, and hide things so Grandma and Grandpa couldn't find them later when we really needed them.




 Quite a statement in these wee-little tiny swim trunks.

 And we still do this.  We gather all around in this living room at Grandma and Grandpas on Christmas to open up presents.  But now picture all the grand kids grown up with added spouses or girlfriends and grandkids running around.  So basically add at least 10 more people.  And yes we have to open windows in the dead of winter b/c we are all smokin hot.



 The Torpedo!!!!  We used to ride this all the time at the lake when we were little.
And all of us now.

Happy 80th Grandma!  You don't read blogs or barely know what the internet is but I'll wish it to you on here anyways.  But you do know how to text which is way sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment