Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Love My Family

Last weekend we headed back to the great part of the state, western Minnesota.  Every time we drive home I miss the place.  Could I live there again... ahh... maybe, but unlikely.  I'm pretty happy where I am.  The land of civilization and where I don't have to drive 40 minutes to get to the nearest Target or 2 hours to the nearest respectable mall.  However,  I always miss the peacefulness,  a simplier lifestyle, and of course my family.

I love my family to pieces.  I really do wish I could see them every weekend.  Maybe even every day!  We always have so much fun and we usually just hang out at my parents' home.  We never have to get out of our sweats and PJs, we sip on lots of coffee, eat lots of snacks, roll and play on the floor with the kids, Steve usually falls asleep on the floor, weird and obscene comments are made to make the gentlemen in the family feel uncomfortable, run in the woods and pick up sticks,  play kick ball and look foolish, make the kids do memorable moments that entertain the parents, we have fires, let the kids throw logs into the fire while we all secretly hold our breathe, praying and hoping that sparks don't' fly straight into our corneas, and we gaze up at the dark starry night,  and take tons of pictures to document the whole weekend.

The only thing that we couldn't document which was the highlight of the whole weekend is when Mom put on  "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" as loud as the stereo would go and we did a slightly, modified, family friendly version of a mosh pit.  Steve got it all on video camera but Mom banned it from ever hitting any type of social media. 















Oh here Rylee, you look cold, let me pour water all over you. 













No comments:

Post a Comment