Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas at Freiborgs

I've finally gotten around to posting about Christmas at my parents.  In a way it was so fun to reminisce about events that just happened.  It's amazing how many memories I've already forgotten... I'm totally blaming "no sleep" brain.

But what I did realize is how awesome it is to go to my parent's.  Rylee was preoccupied with her cousins and the rest of the family was fighting over who gets Hudson.  That means... I had total free time.   Well not exactly total but at some points throughout our 5 day stay there, I didn't know what to do with myself. 

Good thing we planned a ton of events.  I mean, you have to when you have 13 crazy Freiborg's under one house for 5 days. Of course there was a church service Christmas eve, presents Christmas morning, then sledding, four wheeling, fires, Bingo, swimming, a homemade slide,  head lights, cooking, movies, toys, and lots of food and cuddling.

Presents is always a fun time.  This year it was extra fun to see Rylee in her little Christmas footies, crazy bed head opening her presents.  She's a lot slower at it than her older cousins but she still enjoyed it.  Especially when she got to open double and tear into Hudson's.




Hudson thoroughly enjoyed the gift opening.  Especially his new blankie his Auntie Abby quilted.  He recieved the first one she had ever made.  She used sentimental fabrics from Steve and I and our parents.





This year we stepped up our sledding.  My brother -in-law Matt brought his ranger and an old car hood. When I heard about the car hood I thought he was crazy!  Turns out he is brilliant.  But don't tell him I said that.








Sledding in as a family.  I might have squished Steve a little too much :)




Of course a lot of the week we just hung out. Here is Rylee hanging out with Aunt Abby.  Abby tried to pull her finger out of her nose but turns out Rylee wasn't too thrilled about that.








Later in the week we went to the YMCA to go swimming.  Rylee had such a blast.  I had no idea she loved water so much.  I might have to find an indoor pool for her around us.






Then we ended the stay with an epic idea by my mom. An indoor slide.







No comments:

Post a Comment