Monday, July 21, 2014

They Left Us

They left us.

One of our favorite families left us.

Supposedly he had this "great" opportunity down in Atlanta for his fellowship in becoming a world-famous podiatrist.  He's going to save one foot and ankle after another and rise to be an award winning surgeon... maybe even win the Nobel Peace prize.  That's the only big award I know but if there is a top podiatrist award, I'm sure he'll win that instead.

But before they deserted us to head down south to save the world, we did get one last play date in and then one later that night as we packed them on their way.  It was such a bitter sweet moment as I walked their little 2 year old home that night, I started to tear as I realized how truly special they were.  They are one of those couples that are beyond hilarious.  Always stories to hear.  They give of their hearts and put love into action.  And they love God and show His love always.  And their kids are amazingly sweet and fun. Rylee still asks for their little boy and it breaks my heart.  And when Hudson drools I pretend it's over their sweet little girl.

So to you my dear Abbens.  I miss you already.  I pray for success and pray even more for you to be blessed with happiness and pure joy.













No comments:

Post a Comment