Monday, November 14, 2011

Sorry Neighbor

There is something about getting ready for Winter and Christmas that is beyond exciting to me. Even though I hate the cold and the feeling that my toes are going to fall off at any minute. Maybe this year will be different now that Baby D will inevitably be giving me hot flashes.

Sunday Steve and I had a little fun in between his studies. We put up Christmas lights! I'd decorate the whole house if I could but Steve firmly put his foot down and forbid any decorating before Thanksgiving. But I did talk him into letting us put up lights on the house since it's so warm.

We bought 70ft of lights! I think that's a lot. But Steve finally getting into the Christmas mode decided... nope we need more. So I'm stopping today to get another 70 feet. But we got it all rigged up and ready to go.


Then Steve got all excited and wanted to keep playing so he pulled out our snow blower and started it up.

I wanted a snow blower the first year we bought the house but Steve decided he liked to shovel for the exercise. So I told him he was in charge... and a little crazy.

I should have never let him have his way... why? Because two winters ago he decided to go to Vancouver for 3 weeks and leave me to shovel our long, very long driveway when we got about 30 feet of snow every night. I'm not exaggerating either. I think I even cried one night shoveling I was so frustrated and mad. Then that same night I locked myself out of the house. I was not a happy camper.

Then last winter our first snow fall decided to be another 30 feet. I was out of town so Steve was stuck shoveling this time. Well after 2 hours of shoveling and only getting about 20% of the way done, he decided to go try and find a snow blower. Well, I guess most people were stupid like us and decided to wait until after the first snow fall because Menards, Home Depot, Fleet Farm, and every other store was sold out!

I took off work the next day to track down a snow blower. Mainly b/c we couldn't get my car out of the driveway. :) I finally tracked one down at a Case Implement south of Hastings. And when you go to an Implement dealer you are going to get top of the line. I mean look at this bad boy!!!!

I think Steve secretly likes that we had to splurge so he can have a fun toy. The only bad part which I'm not too sad about is it's way to heavy duty for me. The first time I ran it, it took me for a ride and I pelted snow right into our neighbors window.

Sorry neighbor.



No comments:

Post a Comment