Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Weavings Of His Works

This week has been a tough week at work, I think I mentioned that before in an early post. My hours got cut.... again. It's like a roller coaster with hours! So I was extremely bummed, getting hours cut doesn't make you feel very good about yourself. Especially now, why now when we should be saving up for Baby D and all the expenses.

Then last night we had small group. It's amazing how God speaks to your heart. We talked about blessings and seeing obstacles in life as blessings. Which is exactly what my wonderful husband tried to tell me.

A friend even shared a poem. It must of hit home with a couple of group members b/c a few have shared on their own pages as well.

My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors,
He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow,
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.
Not 'til the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
in the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned.
He knows, He loves, He cares,
nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
who leave the choice with Him

So I started thinking about all the obstacles in life that God has thrown my way. At the time I always wondered why are you making me go through this, when are you going to show me which way to go, what are you doing with my life. But when you look back you can see exactly how he was weaving his plan together for you.

Then a challenge came out of our group. Try to think of 100 blessings. Well I'm probably not going to write down a 100 blessings, for 1 that would take forever! but I started thinking of them on the way home.

Beware sappy moment.

Then I got home and Steve gave me a surprised me. He said it was a stressful work week and I deserve and hour of pampering, so he set up a massage. What a honey! And that right there my friends is one of God's greatest blessings that he has given me. A husband that is sweet enough to go out of his way for me. I am truly thankful every single day for him. He has blessed my life in so many ways.

Yep this husband!

I'll proudly claim him.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment