Monday, March 19, 2012

Baby Shower #3

Last Saturday I again had another shower.... I think I'm done now. Well with the Baby Showers not the showers where I use shampoo and conditioner. Lets hope those are never done. I really don't see myself entering a stage in my life where those will be.

Anyways... this time it was a Baby Shower my wonderful sister's threw for me. See here they are! Oh and that's Emery. He is 3 months old now and was the hit of the party.

My beautiful mom also came up. See, here she is! I hope I look as good as her someday. We tease her about it but really.... I hope I do. Just in a taller version.The shower was amazing though. They put so much time in effort into it. I loved all the personal touches as well. There was the Yellow and Gray theme again which I always love. There was a diaper cake on each table so I'm stacked with diapers to last Baby D until the age of potty training. Seriously don't think I'll have to buy diapers... love it! And they blew up one of my maternity photos!Also if you are wondering why there are creepy eyes and mouths in a tray... we did this really fun activity. My sisters cut out from all different pictures of Steve and I of our eyes, mouth, clothing, etc and they glued onto a random baby photos so we could see what Baby D will look like. It was cute but if Baby D looks like that... she won't be very cute. (at least I'm an honest Mama)

We also had really amazing homemade breakfast food and a coffee bar.... they know me so well.

Then later we played the chocolate bar diaper game where they melted candy bars in the diaper and we had to guess which candy bar it was . That game just cracks me up. To see these well-put together, beautiful women smelling nasty looking diapers with confused and concentrated looks with determination. I mean look at these women. They are gorgeous. Can't you just picture them with noses in brown diapers :)

It was such an amazing shower. So great to catch up with everyone and to see my family. Now Steve and I feel really prepared for Baby D to come. I even laughed at myself on how I was so excited to receive some of the gifts. For example... never thought I'd get excited to receive a gift that will hold poopy diapers! Yep... got a diaper genie. Same with a gift that just warms up whipes. Yep... got a whipe warmer. We also got our bottles, tons of books as you can see, a baby lounger, snack items, hangers, the cutest hair items for baby, a movie, burp rags, teething toys (which my sister called chew toys,)the softest blankie in the world! and of course a ton of cute clothes. We even got one that says "My daddy's a hunk!"


Oh and we'll start working on Baby D's hands right away. See that volleyball in the bottom corner... we'll be doing setting drills at the age of 1 day old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment