Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rylee Sue

Ummm...  This day was amazing!

Here is a quick low down on how it all happened -   Thursday we had our what would be last prenatal appointment.  There was still no progress but the lovely Doctor said you look ready should we schedule you to be induced this Saturday?

Ummm... Yeah!

So I had instructions to to call in at 6am Saturday and see if there was room in Labor and Delivery for us. Turns out "there was no room for us in the Inn"  So incredibly disappointed.  But it turned out to work for the best looking back on it.  I didn't sleep but maybe an hour that Friday night so I got to catch up on some sleep during the day.  Steve also got to finish up some last minute work stuff and then go to his lovely class on Saturday for School. 

But again the Doctor said call in Sunday and there should be room. This time we were in luck so we calmly packed up our things, prepared the house for our arrival home, and slowly drove off to the hospital.  It was nothing like the movies.  Everything was calm, there was no crying, no yelling, no screaming, and no pain (yet.)

At 8am Sunday morning we were induced and things moved a long really really slowly.  They were even wondering if I'd have the baby that day it was progressing so slowly.  But finally my body burst into action and in a matter of 3 hours I dialated 6cm and it was time to start pushing!  And what an unreal feeling that was.  I opted for the Epidural around 1pm that day just because my contractions weren't giving me much of a break.  I'd literally had about 10 seconds in between each one to rest.  And all I have to say is Thank You God for creating that drug.

And by 10:18pm that night after 30 minutes of pushing, Rylee Sue Dus at 8 lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long entered this world and will forever change our lives.

We love her so very much!










4 comments:

  1. That last picture is PRECIOUS!!! Congrats friends - you are going to be amazing parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR PICTURES ARE SOO CUTE! CONGRATS THE TWO OF YOU :) I LOOOVVEE THE NAME TOO ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I think I may have just cried a little. So beautiful! Congrats... to you and Steve, but also to Rylee Sue for getting to be a part of such an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carly! Being a mommy is the best thing in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete