Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Few Thank Yous and an Invite

Now that I'm all settled in with Rylee, (about time huh?! Could it take me any longer?)  I've been doing more design work. It feels good to be back into it and I've had some really fun projects.
  
My little cousin graduated and they asked me to do his thank yous.  For some reason, designing for a male was a little harder. I had to get into the macho, roll up your sleeves let's play in some dirt kind of mentality.  So I did and came up with this.


Then talk about switching up gears.  I designed a Shower Invite...


...and this Thank You card that is a present for the bride to use.  Cute idea for a gift.  Love it. 


That was little more my style.  You know... b/c I'm a girl and all.  I guess life just works that way.

One part  I really enjoyed was  the back of the Thank you, I put this saying:

I was happy then, I'm excited now,
I'll be exstatic when we say our vows.

I fell in love with that saying and it's stuck in my head now.

Kind of like the old lamb chop song...

"This is the song that never ends...
and it goes on and on my friend...
some people started singing it not knowing what it was...
And they'll continue singing it forever just because...(repeat)

We always sang that song to my mom just before she kicked us out of the house when we were little and said we couldn't come in for a couple hours and would lock the doors :)  

--- sorry I outed you Mom ---


No comments:

Post a Comment