Friday, September 7, 2012

Pinterest Style

I love Fridays b/c that means coffee dates!


This time it was Pinterest style.  My sister sent me a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  And if you are wondering, Pumpkins Spice Lattes to me would be like Spock to Sheldon Cooper. Anyways, since it is that most wonderful time of the year where Starbuck becomes super amazingly awesome and brings out its famous, of course, Pumkin Spice Lattes, I decided to replicate on a more "cheap version."
 
And as I just wrote that last sentence laying on the floor, Rylee just rolled over on her side and tooted in my face, rolled back over to look at me and smiled...

Really Rylee?!

So here is the recipe.
  • 8 T of pumpkin puree
  • 8T of Vanilla
  • 2 t of cinnamon
  • 8 cinnamon sticks
  • 4 cups of strongly brewed coffee
  • 6 cups of milk
  • 8 T of sugar
  • whipping cream (optional) 
Combine the milk and coffee, and pour into the crockpot.  Whip together the other ingredients (minus the cinnamon sticks and whipping cream) and pour into the crockpot.  Mix together well.

Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours.

Obviously this was no latte from Starbucks but it was still pretty good.  However,  I'm wondering if you have to strain it before you pour it in the mug.  The last 1/2 of the drink ended up to be grainy from all the puree, cinnamon and sugar.  However,  the more likely candidate would be that I did something wrong.... even with this simple recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment